Dimensions Educational Consulting provides training and resources that equip and inspire leaders to be more effective in achieving diversity, equity and inclusion goals. Through the depth and diversity of our facilitated workshops, individuals and organizations are supported in navigating journeys of transformational engagement and meaningful change.
Resources provided by Dimensions help leaders to:
- Foster partnerships: Improve each leader’s ability to assess their organization’s current progress and entry points to the work of equity and inclusion; facilitate the ability to connect with peers across organizations, in parallel positions.
- Map the moment: Expand each leader’s understanding of the current “movement moment.” Support leaders in understanding how diversity, equity and inclusion work, in its complexity, applies in an ongoing way to individuals, organizations, and a broader field.
- Develop a common understanding: Develop an increased and shared understanding (a common language) for the meaning of diversity, equity and inclusion and how this affects each organization’s understanding of its work and potential for collaboration and partnership.
- Clarify values and commitments: Support each organization in the development of a values statement that can embed diversity, equity and inclusion commitments and update current policies and practices to align with those values.
- Clarify and address implicit and explicit biases: Support leaders in acknowledging and understanding their own personal and unintentional biases. Teach how to recognize when these biases arise and educate on approaches that will assist leaders in preventing these from influencing their decision-making and approach to building multicultural community partnership, trust and collaboration.
- Develop diversity, equity and inclusion skills: Develop the skills, knowledge and capacity to work collaboratively, internally and externally, grounded in a deep understanding of social justice, inclusion and equity and the ability to authentically practice all three.
- Commit to achieving equity and inclusion goals: Support leaders and organizations in setting a trajectory for diversity and equity goals to be reached with staff, Board members and partners that can be integrated within in all aspects of an organization’s work.
- Develop a collaborative culture and approach: Support leaders in developing a higher functioning, more collaborative organization that has a genuine commitment to social justice and equity and possesses the skills to better engage reciprocally in work to educate and build community with the next generation of leaders.