Relationship Building in Healthcare…
The care delivery system is struggling to escape the straitjacket of physician autonomy and economic independence, a payment system that reinforces fragmentation and independent decision making, and a regulatory framework that places legal responsibility on the individual professional without corresponding accountability of the team or the system within which that professional works. The medical education system reinforces these expectations and does little to prepare new physicians for the team-based, interdependent work that is required to achieve high-quality and safe care.
Dimensions Consulting seeks to support and improve the delivery of high quality and efficient care through focused attention on the elevation of attitudes, knowledge, and skilled communication across the diversity of healthcare partners.
Report of the Lucian Leape Institute
Roundtable On Care Integration
At Dimensions Consulting, our goal is to support healthcare partners in maintaining healthy attitudes, in themselves and others, while addressing the challenges of contemporary healthcare.
Due to changes in insurance compensation requirements, increasingly complex medical issues, and high volumes of patients seeking care, it can be difficult for providers to focus time and attention on the experience behind a doctor/patient encounter. Despite this, for the average patient, a provider’s attitude regarding delivery of care can be as crucial to the quality and efficacy of a visit as the provider’s clinical expertise. Moreover, providers and payors increasingly recognize the critical role patient attitude and behavior play in achieving successful outcomes.
We believe that one foundation for quality care can be based in the cultivation of attitudes that are central to medical professionalism: humility, empathy, curiosity, respect, sensitivity, and awareness of outside influences affecting the patient.
Dimensions Consulting provides resources for exploration of these factors, as they relate to the provider and the patient culture. We help our clients explore the impact attitudes can have on clinical decision-making and cultivate core practices that can be adopted for enhanced sensitivity, respect, and clarity of communication throughout the medical encounter.
In support of quality care, Dimensions Consulting provides tools for disseminating knowledge, clearly and adequately across a diverse team of healthcare partners. We provide resources that assist in the development of communication skills and promote more effective case management plans. By integrating the expert knowledge of physicians, the effective assessments and suggestions of care management teams, and the informed participation of patients and family members, we aim to assist you in advancing the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process.
Dimensions Consulting offers training and tools for improved care coordination and integration:
- Best practices and national models for successful patient care
- Coaching and workshops
- Communication Resources that help healthcare partners to:
- explore culture, family circumstance, and other factors impacting quality patient care and recuperation
- avoid the costly challenges of complications and setbacks
- coordinate a broad spectrum of information and services related to patient well-being
- Brochures, checklists, and patient surveys.
At Dimensions Consulting, we believe that true knowledge is best achieved through practice. We provide various opportunities for experiential learning through facilitated reflection, vignettes, case studies, and simulated patient scenarios.
What you can expect to take away…
- Skills for reconnecting diverse stakeholders in the provision and experience of quality health care.
- A more effective relationship with the healthcare system and better outcomes.
- A deeper understanding of the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that can be utilized to enhance quality care in clinical communities while managing the costs.
- Principles, core practices, and strategies that can be utilized to guide and shape leadership commitments to quality care in clinical contexts.